Forage and feed analysis
Feeds, grass, hay and haylage can be analysed on your behalf for the following:
- Protein, Digestible Energy, Oil, Fibre, Ash, Starch, Sugar, Soluble Carbohydrates, Vitamins, Minerals (Macro and Micro), pH and Fermentation characteristics.
- Presence of yeasts, moulds and thermophilic actinomycetes
Water can be tested for:
- Mineral levels, pH, microbiology – particularly useful if you have your own water source
Soil can be tested for:
- Soil type, pH, minerals, fertiliser requirement
All analyses results are presented in a written report with full interpretation of the results and recommendations for any further actions needed.
Faecal Worm Egg Counts/Tapeworm Testing
Faecal worm egg counts enable you to treat you horse with a wormer only when required so you save money and reduce the potential for the development of worm resistance to the active ingredients in wormers
- I do the egg counts on yard so there is not time in the post etc. reducing the potential for false negatives. You can see the test for yourself via a camera linked to my laptop.
- Tapeworm testing is done on yard and the results sent to you following an E.LI.S.A. back at the lab
- All results of tests are fully interpreted for you